You know that a good cup of Joe is all you need to get you up in the morning and keep you going. There is nothing better than a day. BUT WHAT IF you want your own cup of French press one day or an espresso shot the other?
What would you do if you feel like drinking a cold brew on a hot Monday morning? Well, worry not! Ninja Coffee Maker is Here!
It comes with different brewing styles with different tea and coffee baskets. The Classic style gives you the regular everyday coffee but the rich style brews a stronger cup of Joe.
With all these excellent features, the Ninja coffee maker never compromises the taste. The ‘CLEAN’ feature helps you thoroughly descale those hard water deposits that can be a home for bacteria and fungi.
All in all, it is a great machine that serves all the needs of a serious coffee snob who likes to experiment here and there, giving coffeehouse-style drinks from the comfort of home.
The machine is extremely easy to use with all the instructions written on the manual provided with the setup. Just plugin and start brewing!
Review of Top 10 Ninja Coffee Makers
Let us review the details of each of the Ninja Coffee Makers listed above.
1. Ninja CE251 Programmable Brewer
This Ninja Coffee Maker is value for money, with custom brewing strengths and an advance boiler to give you hot and never bitter coffee. The item is extremely lightweight and the water reservoir is separable which makes it easy to wash.
The design of the carafe prevents any spillage while pouring the coffee. The top has a shower-head design that distributes hot water evenly.
The look of the equipment is something that a lot of customers have enjoyed. If you are going to buy your first NINJA product, then look no further.
- This Ninja coffee maker includes an advanced boiler for a perfectly hot cup of Joe.
- Nontoxic, food-grade construction with the ultra-quiet operation.
- 24-hour programmable delay brew prepares your brew a day in advance.
- One button operation and easy to carry.
- The consistency of the espresso shot is praised often.
- Perfect for a small batch of concentrated brew.
- Coffee grounds may end up in the coffee, hence strainer may be required.
- Does not have the other brewing features such as specialty, over ice, cold brew, etc.
- Cleaning can be a hassle.
2. Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker
This Ninja Coffee Maker can be described as the coffeehouse at home. Here you can combine various concentrates of different richness levels with hot or cold frothed milk to create wonderful coffeehouse-style drinks.
You can also enjoy extremely flavorful iced coffee that never tastes watered down. You can brew anything from a single cup to half a carafe just using your favorite coffee grounds. A great choice for serious coffee drinkers.
- Comes with both glass and thermal carafe.
- Uses ground coffee over coffee pods, which save costs per cup of coffee.
- There are three buttons that designate the strength of the coffee and the frothier can froth the milk before adding it to the brew since the frothing arm swings out.
- You do not have to wait for the entire carafe to fill before grabbing your cup in the morning. Just flip the lever in the front and it stops the flow in the carafe.
- Extremely space efficient and has a modern aesthetic touch.
- Basic operation, no scratching of heads is involved.
- The lid of the water filter may not stay on.
- The tube that spouts the brewed coffee does not come off and cleaning it may be a little difficult.
3. Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System (CP301)
This Ninja brewing system allows you hot and flavorful cups of coffee or tea or over ice beverages. You can also enjoy, cold brews, chai lattes, iced teas, etc.
The Ninja Coffee Maker is not too large and can be said that it is compact given what it does. The set comes with a recipe book to get those creative juices flowing. The tea brewing feature opens a door for a variety of options that can be tried out.
- This Ninja Coffee Machine Comes with separate coffee and tea baskets, which refrains the flavors from getting mixed.
- The thermal carafe keeps coffee hot for a maximum of two hours, without any heating plate.
- Various coffee and tea brewing styles such as classic, rich, over ice, cold brew, specialty.
- Comes with a permanent filter, programmable delay brew, ninja scoop with onboard storage.
- Economical and worth the money.
- Easy assembly and cleaning.
- Versatile and easy to store.
- Groundwater should not be used, since the machine will need to be descaled frequently.
- Water may overflow from the reservoir, if not filled with the desired amount.
4. Ninja Single-Serve, Pod-Free Coffee Maker
This Ninja coffee maker is a next-generation NINJA COFFEE BAR; single-serve system. It comes with a variety of brew types and various sizes. The frothier is built-in with cold and hot frothing options.
You can create your own cut of delicious coffee from your home. This Coffee machine comes with Ninja XL cold and hot multi-serve tumbler for hot or iced coffee enough for two. Pod free single-serve brewing gives you the choice to use any brand of coffee with adjustable amounts of grounds that can be used.
Ninja patent-pending thermal flavor extraction technology allows you to unlock the flavor potential of your ground coffee where you can enjoy good tasting coffee with different level of richness.
Classic brew provides a smooth, balanced flavor, rich brews’ intense flavor is perfect for milk creamers, ice brew makes perfect iced coffee or cold brews, café forte gives you a full-bodied cup of coffee and specialty brew is a super-rich concentrate that can be combined with frothed milk to make decadent coffeehouse-style drinks; cold, layered or blended.
- Auto IQ One-Touch Intelligence Technology.
- Uses #2 cone paper filter or the ninja permanent filter.
- For the first time ever, the system offers XL settings for both cups and travel mugs.
- It brews multi sizes and a variety of styles.
- Coffee does not leave a bitter after taste.
- The scoop has a reference printed on it to use based on the size of the coffee you are making.
- Uses reusable filters, which are environment-friendly.
- The container may overflow if you don’t fill it with the recommended quantity.
- The ‘clean’ light may be a little annoying for some people.
5. Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System, Auto-IQ Tea and Coffee Maker with 6 Brew Sizes
This Ninja Coffee Maker allows you to brew hot cups of coffee, over ice beverages, all-powerful and advanced thermal flavor extraction technology with auto IQ.
Enjoy over ice coffee and tea while choosing between smooth, naturally sweet cold coffee or vivid, authentic flavored hot brewed coffee that is never diluted.
It provides you with six different brew sizes in different styles. Select your tea type and the system knows the temperature and number of steps needed in 50 oz. With the build-in frothier, you can turn hot or cold milk into a silky froth in seconds.
- The delay brew feature is present for every serving size.
- It comes with the exclusive café forte feature.
- Glass carafe with intelligent warming plate.
- The swing open door feature makes it extremely easy to remove old coffee grounds.
- Budget-friendly, given the features
- Can also serve a large group of people.
- The mesh filter is extremely environment friendly and reusable.
- Glass Carafe does not keep the coffee as hot as it should.
- The CLEAN feature is a little tricky to work with for some customers.
6. Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer, Thermal Carafe
This Ninja coffee machine delivers cups of coffee that are as good as high quality and affordable coffeehouse-style drinks. It is not as time-efficient as other coffee makers, but the coffee tastes at par. The specialty brew creates the highest concentration of coffee.
Over ice, brew dials up the richness even further by increasing the concentration to compensate for melting ice. Auto IQ extracts just the required amount of water from the reservoir, based on the brew size and brew type.
- Most preferable for larger groups.
- Double-wall stainless steel carafe, which keeps coffee hot for two hours.
- Multi-serve dials help you choose a size for a cup, travel mug, etc.
- This Ninja coffee maker includes auto brew IQ and delays brew feature.
- Easy fill brew basket for easy refill and cleaning.
- Distinct water markings on the inside of the pot make it easy to fill water.
- Includes a 40 recipe book, that gives you a varied range of beverages to try.
- Takes time to brew coffee of your taste.
- Coarsely ground coffee needs to be used; otherwise, it may end up in your coffee.
7. Ninja Coffee Bar Auto-iQ Programmable Coffee Maker
Prepare your favorite hot or cold coffee drinks within seconds using this amazing Ninja Coffee Bar from the comfort of your home. Pod free single-serve and carafe brewing allow you to achieve a complete variety and personal customization on your preferred concoctions.
Ninja’s Custom brews include classic, rich, over ice. The signature brews; café forte and specialty take coffee to the next level. Café forte gives you a full-bodied cup of coffee that amplifies its nuances down to the last sip.
Specialty is another addition that can whip up some great concentrates when combined with frothed milk can give you coffeehouse-style drinks.
- Pod free single serves: offers different brands of coffee and personalize flavor by customizing the taste to your liking.
- 10 cup double-walled stainless steel carafe that is vacuum-sealed that keeps your coffee hot for a long while.
- Ninja thermal flavor extraction technology unlocks the full flavor potential of your coffee.
- Easy brewing without spillage.
- The Material used is BPA free.
- Expensive, since it does not give the tea brewing feature.
- Not quite time-efficient.
- The stainless steel carafe does not come with a warming plate.
8. Ninja 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Classic and Rich Brews
Although Ninja coffee maker has less brewing options as compared to other models, it gives you a larger brewing capacity for simple and rich coffee. The showerhead structure ensures your grounds are evenly saturated.
The quality of the brews is one thing these NINJA coffee makers will always give with different serving sizes. You can choose between classic and rich strengths.
- Saves money and hassle, completely eliminates the need for a reusable paper filter, coffee pods, and k cups.
- Environmental friendly.
- Provides incredible rich flavor and you can customize the length of time you want to keep your pot warm.
- A gold-tone permanent coffee filter saves money without the need for paper water filters.
- Easily see the water reservoir, which makes it easy to clean.
- The stainless steel carafe keeps the coffee warmer for a longer duration than the glass carafe.
- The filter may not work well, coffee may have sediments.
- A lot of condensation on the walls of the carafe, which needs to be cleaned again and again.
9. Ninja Coffee Makers, 50 oz
The next-generation Ninja coffee bar is more than a coffeemaker. It is a coffee system; complete with a variety of brew types and sizes, a built-in frother, tons of delicious coffee recipes you can create, and enjoy at home.
With five different richness settings, you have got endless options for deliciousness ahead of you. It is dishwater safe. The carafe has a 10 cup capacity (50 oz) with 12 cups stainless steel mesh filter, ABS housing.
- Permanent reusable filter. The brewer is designed to brew coffee grounds only that makes it environment friendly, without the generation of K cups or insert pods.
- Ninja smart scoop. After brewing the first cup, the Ninja coffee bar is pre-warmed. This enables any following brews to be slightly hotter. For a hotter cup, after plugging in and powering on your brewer, allow 3 minutes for your brewer to preheat.
- Glass carafe with a warming plate.
- The pre-infusion phase spreads hot water over coffee grounds and waits 30 seconds before beginning the brewing process.
- Extremely time-efficient.
- If you brew a single-serve, the flavors may not completely extract from the coffee grounds.
- Frothier will require preheated milk
10. Ninja CF020 Coffee Brewer
This Ninja coffee maker has a different design structure as compared to other coffee bars on the list. It is wider and it holds all the controls along with the water reservoir on one side.
The filter, carafe, and heating tray are placed on the opposite side. It does not take up a lot of space on a counter and can easily fit under a standard cabinet.
Easy to use with its classic delay brew feature, just plugin and enter the time when you need your brew ready. You can get an extremely rich cup of coffee using the guide on the scoop.
The AUTO IQ feature comes in handy, for pouring recommended quantities of liquid, which can give a single serving of coffee without using a pod.
- The drip-stop function works wonders and the no-spill lid is a dream.
- Creates some of the best over ice drinks, and coffee makers can create at home.
- A minimal amount of ground coffee is residue.
- Does not need any manual to work around, given the number of features.
- The coffee may not taste as good after a few uses.
- The coffee may taste too strong for some people.
Buyer’s Guide to Select the Best Ninja Coffee Maker
1. How many people can the coffee maker serve:
It is one of the most important questions since the Ninja Coffee Maker comes with a full range of serving sizes that can suit anyone’s needs.
2. Brewing options:
Ninja coffee makers varied range gives you a ton of brewing options to choose from. From four different coffee brewing styles such as classic, specialty, and café forte, rich and iced to different tea brewing options.
Some models come with this feature, whereas the others might not. So if you like to experiment with different teas such as oolong, herbal, Sumatra, etc., you must look out for this feature
3. Warming Plate and Built-in Frothier:
I personally, make my batch of coffee in the morning and consume it throughout the day, for me the Warming plate feature is a necessity, so make sure to check this feature out.
Some warming plates have to be set on ‘hot’ for a minimum of 5-10 before it can be used which can be energy-consuming, so research well before you invest in one.
The built-in frother is an excellent feature for individuals who prefer cappuccinos and latte’s over concentrated espresso shots. The frothier does not consume a lot of space and can be of great use.
4. Over ice carafe:
The Ninja (trademark) has a special feature for ice-cold coffees, called the over ice carafe. It is an addition for people to enjoy cold coffees during hot weather.
The double insulation of the ice carafe keeps your coffee cool for a long time. If you think, you will enjoy this feature, and then choose the specific model. The specialty here is that the coffee can be brewed directly into the carafe.
5. Check space usage:
Since the Ninja coffee bar comes with a lot of features, it may not be as space-efficient. So people with less space should keep a check on the dimensions of the entire set up.
FAQs related to Ninja Coffee Maker
1. How to clean the ninja coffee maker?
The Ninja coffee bar has a light at the bottom corner of the machine that says clean that light up whenever there is a need to clean the machine. It is a good indicator but if you use your machine regularly then, cleaning once a month is sufficient. The outer components can be cleaned using water and soap. White vinegar is the best option to clean the insides of the machine.
2. How to turn off clean light in Ninja Coffee Maker?
To make that clean light turn off and stay off for a long while, you need to carefully read the instructions on the manual about cleaning, which is a long but necessary process. However, I will provide you with the details here, to ease you into the process.
First, you need to discard any water or coffee grounds from the ninja coffee bar. Then pour 1 mug of vinegar into the water reservoir and fill the rest with water up to the brim. Now, press the ‘clean’ button
and let it run for about a minute. Press the ‘clean’ button again to pause the machine.
Let the coffee machine rest for about an hour or so. Then press the clean button again and let it finish the clean cycle. Now, pour the vinegar-water mix out of the reservoir/carafe and then clean the carafe, mesh basket, and the reservoir with a scrub brush.
Fill the reservoir with water again and let it run the full cycle without stopping it for about 5-8 minutes. Discard water and clean the carafe, mesh basket, and reservoir again.
Remember if the light goes on again after one or two uses, it indicates that there are still some hard water deposits in the equipment. Cleaning it again with the vinegar-water mixture is the best possible solution.
3. How to descale Ninja Coffee Maker?
The descaling process is slightly different for different models, so before you start to check the date code, which will help you decide how to descale your coffee maker. The recommended liquid is full circle coffee and espresso descaling liquid.
Fill it with 1 bottle of descaling solution, 32 ounces of water, or the max fill line. Press the CLEAN button. The machine will start cleaning. This will take about 8 minutes. After this period, remove the carafe and water reservoir and rinse. Fill it with water up to the brim, place it back, and run the cycle. You need to rinse the machine with 2 full tanks of clean water.
For built-in frothier: 1 hour 15 minutes in total, fill the carafe with 1 bottle liquid and warm water up to the MAX line. Press the CLEAN button and let it sit for 1 hour. The machine may stop during the process but do not press any buttons or remove the carafe.
After an hour you may hear a beep and a flush message. Empty the water reservoir and rinse. Fill it with water again and press the CLEAN button. This may take about 8 minutes. The CLEAN light will turn off after the process. Remove all the removable parts and wipe them with a clean damp cloth.
4. How many cycles before I clean my Ninja Coffee maker?
As stated before, the CLEAN light is a good enough indicator when the machine needs a deep cleaning, but if you use your coffee maker frequently or every day then cleaning once a month is the best option to ensure there is no bacteria or mold lurking in any crevice.
5. How much vinegar do you use to clean a Ninja Coffee Maker?
Although the Descaling solution is a more preferred choice for cleaning the Ninja Coffee maker, white vinegar can also help in the deep cleaning of the machine.
Around the size of a travel mug (16 ounces) is an efficient quantity for cleaning, but make sure that you fill the rest of the water reservoir with warm water till the MAX line. The Ninja Coffee Maker is a gift for coffee drinkers all around the world.
It has brought a revolution since its first model came out. Honestly, I cannot recommend a better investment for your special concoctions since it not only gives you great cups of coffee but its versatility to give coffee in various forms is commendable. So what are you waiting for? Go purchase the Best Ninja Coffee Bar for yourself.